SGX-Listed Hatten Land Unveils Plans for RM200 Million (USD49.2 Million) Water Theme Park, Melaka’s Largest, In Collaboration With Samsung C&T and Polin Waterparks
• Collaboration agreement for 500,000-sq ft Splash World @ Harbour City signed in presence of Melaka Chief Minister, YAB Tuan Adly Bin Zahari
• Slated to open in the first half of 2020, the project will catalyse growth of tourism in the historical city and help open up economic and job opportunities
• The waterpark will be the first ‘in the sky’ theme park and can accommodate up to 5,200 visitors
MELAKA 7 August 2018 – Hatten Land Limited (惠勝置地有限公司) (“Hatten Land”),together with leading resort operator Samsung C&T Corporation and the world’s leading designer and installer of water slides, Polin Waterparks, unveiled today plans to build a RM200 million water theme park, the largest in Melaka. The world’s first ‘sky’ theme park is intended to be catalyst for the Malaysian historical city’s tourism industry.
YAB Tuan Adly Bin Zahari, the Honourable Chief Minister of Melaka, witnessed the signing ceremony among the three parties to build Splash World @ Harbour City, a 500,000-sq ft water park to be located 14 floors above the ground in the centre of the designated UNESCO
World Heritage city, which hosts nearly 17 million visitors a year. Due for completion by end-2019 and expected to be opened to the public in the first half of 2020, Splash World @ Harbour City will be one of the region’s largest water parks with up to 5,200 visitors a day.
Splash World @ Harbour City hopes to attract 850,000 to 1.0 million visitors annually after the first year of operation. The presence of the water theme park may also extend the average length of visitors’ stays and increase their average spending per day, which bodes well for the
tourism sector. It has an estimated development cost of RM200 million (USD49.2 million). Hatten Land, listed on the Singapore Exchange and part of the conglomerate Hatten Group, will develop the project. Samsung C&T Corporation of South Korea will be operation advisor
and consultant, while Polin Waterparks, headquartered in Turkey, will design and manufacture the water slide attractions.
Nestled between two 30-storey towers on the 14th floor deck of Harbour City @ Melaka, a mixed development shaped like a large ship, the four-storey Splash World @ Harbour City is the first ‘in the sky’ theme park that will offer an indoor and outdoor waterpark experience with
more than one kilometer of water slides.
A man-made river will meander over two floors to intertwine more than 50 attractions, including 11 extreme slides for thrill-seekers, a Sky Beach, and a dedicated children’s water play park. After dark, the Cosmic Waters light show will illuminate the park, accompanied by a water circus, trapeze stunts and other entertainment in a special amphitheatre. The scale and concept of the project will reshape tourism in Melaka. Founded in along the Straits of Melaka in the 14th century, the port and spice hub witnessed waves of Portuguese,
Dutch and British colonial rule for nearly five centuries before independence of then-Malaya in 1957, six years before the formation of Malaysia. It was visited at least five times in the 15th century by the famous Ming Dynasty Admiral Zhenghe (Cheng Ho) during his legendary seven voyages to the western ocean. Today, it is Malaysia’s second-most visited city after the capital
Kuala Lumpur. “Melaka is rich in historical significance not just for Malaysia but the whole of Southeast Asia. Splash World @ Harbour City will bring a transformational new dimension to our travel and leisure landscape and make Melaka an even more compelling international attraction,” said Melaka Chief Minister YAB Tuan Adly Bin Zahari.
“The impact of this project will resonate beyond tourism to the broader economy, creating new jobs and opportunities for international economic partnerships and even direct investments,”he added.
“Splash World @ Harbour City is a hugely important project which underscores Hatten Land’s commitment to the long-term development of Melaka. We are partnering world-renowned leaders in their respective fields – Samsung C&T Corporation and Polin Waterparks – to place Melaka on the world map as a must-visit destination. We are grateful to the Government of Melaka and the Malaysian authorities for their support of this project,” said Dato’ Colin Tan, Executive Chairman and Managing Director of Hatten Land.
Samsung C&T’s resort group is the owner and operator of South Korea’s popular Everland Resort, which hosts 8 million visitors per year. Everland Resort consists of the Everland theme park, which integrates attractions, shows, zoos, and gardens, as well as the Caribbean Bay
waterpark, which features world-class facilities and services. It is a leading global operator and service provider for resorts, as well as golf courses, food supply and landscaping. “Riding on our success with the Everland and Caribbean Bay resorts, we are pleased to offer
our services and operational expertise in this new venture with Hatten’s Splash World @Harbour City. This is our first foray into Malaysia and we are optimistic about future growth in Melaka’s tourism industry,” said Mr. Tommy Byungsuk Jeong, General Manager of Everland
Resort and Executive Vice President of Samsung C&T.
Polin Waterparks is a multi-award-winning global leader in the design, production, engineeringand installation of waterparks and water slides that incorporate efficient smart design features. With a track record of 3,000 waterpark projects in 105 countries, it is the largest water slidesupplier to waterparks in Eurasia.
“Splash World @ Harbour City is an exciting new destination for Malaysia and one of the region’s few major waterparks. Polin Waterparks is honoured to be appointed to design and install Hatten’s choice of hybrid ride designs to create a one-of-a-kind experience for Splash
World’s guests,” said Emre Büyükgüngör, Regional Sales Director of Polin Waterparks. Harbour City, which has a total estimated gross development value of RM2.2 billion (USD541 million), spans 4.5 million square feet in built-up area. It is a themed mixed development that
incorporates retail, hospitality and entertainment elements, and is located on Pulau Melaka.
Artist’s impression of Splash World @ Harbour City on Pulau Melaka Splash World will feature award winning hybrid ride designs from Polin Waterparks while there will be 2 lazy rivers on top of each other while visitors will be able to use our special water coaster Navigatour slide to get to upper level river without spending any effort and once they will want to go down to lowerlevel river they will go down with our slides as well. It is an infinitive river experience with many surprises within.
The slides will have special pattern effects which can be only produced with RTM technology, thosepatterns developed by Polin and will enchance the guest experience to another level.
Guests will also have the opportunity to continue their adrenaline rush on additional Polin products:King Cobra, Surf Safari, Looping Rocket, Windigo, Navigatour, Sphere, Kamikaze and many more.
Details on Splash World attractions by Polin:
• King Cobra. Guests can ride either singly or with another person as they race through a circular path of twists, turns and surprises. The heart-pounding ride gives guests an extra surge of excitement as they shoot up a nearly vertical slope before sliding backwards, several times, before exiting the ride.
• Surf Safari. This exciting attraction features a daring, 40-degree, sloped entrance and a unique, parabolic design that creates an illusion that adds to the adrenalin-filled experience – one never before seen in a family-styled waterslide.
• Looping Rocket. This high-adrenaline ride delivers one of the highest drops guests can legally experience while also dazzling with its optional “Magic Shine” and translucent colors.
• Windigo. Guests enter this slide alongside one another in enclosed tubes that spread out to create geometrical curves that curl parallel with the others and end in multiracer lanes.
• Sphere + Navigatour Combinations. Water-injection propulsion shoots riders up and down hills, through a Sphere and into an enclosed tube slide.
• Aquatube. Guests speed along this enclosed slide in complete darkness, creating a thrilling experience that is unmatched by the park’s other slides.
• Wide Rafting Slide + Big Hole. Another unique combo design that was specially created for this park.
• Uphill Navigatour Guests sliding along the Navigatour’s breathtaking path slip in and out of the light as they experience an amazing light show. In the Blackhole portion of the ride, guests continue along a path offast-changing colors and designs in a high-speed trip through multiple turns and inclines.
• Freefall. This slide offers an exhilarating drop for guests who want to experience the thrill of a freefall without the danger.
• B09 Water Play Structure. Available in a variety of colors and theme designs, this colorful and innovative creation just for kids can incorporate specialized decorative articles to perfectly match any park’s theming.
• Wave Ball. From small ripples to powerful waves, the Wave Ball transforms the calm water into a raging ocean in just a few seconds!
Property Type : Mixed Development
Tenure : Leasehold – 2110
Acres of Development : 6 acres
Location : Pulau Melaka, Melaka
Developer : Gold Mart Sdn Bhd
A game-changer in Melaka’s luxury, tourism and entertainment landscape, Harbour City is Melaka’s
largest mixed-used ‘city of amusement’ which infuses three vibrant elements, Play – Shop – Stay.
Harbour City’s main attraction is Splash World – the 500,000 sq. ft. indoor and outdoor water theme
park podium, the first of its kind in Melaka, spread out across 3-storeys of pure entertainment. Over 50
water attractions are offered – 11 extreme water slides, a 2-storey lazy river and kid’s water play park
with speed slides and sudden curves. The slides boast a total length of over 1 km.
Splash World@Harbour City is estimated to attract an additional one million tourists to Melaka as a
must-visit tourist attraction in the region.
Below the theme park deck is the 1792-unit, Harbour City Mall. Adding another level of excitement to
the Harbour City experience, the 6-storey megamall is design-inspired by the brilliant panorama of
Each floor will feature interiors that reflect the six different oceanic levels rising from “The Trenches”
(Lower Ground Floor), “The Abyss” (Ground Floor), “The Midnight” (1st Floor), “The Twilight” (2nd Floor)
“The Sunlight” (3rd Floor) up to the “Coastal Layer” (4th Floor).
Harbour City will house a total of three unique hotels. Situated mid-deck between the mall platform and
the theme park podium, Harbour City is the one-of-a-kind luxury cruise-liner themed hotel featuring 717
themed-styled rooms with 14 suite layouts ranging in size from 365 to 1,267 sq. ft.
The Harbour City Resort will house 576 stunning sky-rise suites offering 360° unblocked views of the
Melaka Straits. With 18 luxurious unit types measuring from 470 to 2,200 sq. ft., the suites offer the
guests their own private sanctuary surrounded by picture perfect views, charming interiors, complete
leisure facilities and seamless hospitality.
The development will also boast a prestigious 291-room Premier Resort, bringing the total number of
rooms at Harbour City to an astonishing 1584 rooms.
Spread across 6 acres on the island paradise of Pulau Melaka, Harbour City capitalises on Melaka’s
booming tourism sector which saw over 16 million foreign arrivals to the state in 2017. Pulau Melaka
itself is a tourist hotspot, just 5 minutes’ drive from Melaka’s UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Situated midway between Kuala Lumpur & Singapore, Melaka is the ideal stopover point between the
two metropolitans. Moreover, the value of the state is set to increase with upcoming developments such
as the International Marina, Encore Melaka and the 66-acre Hatten Silk Road Melaka.
REASONS TO INVEST
• Exciting island location, just mins from city centre & UNESCO World Heritage sites
• Melaka’s 1st water theme park in the sky, 3 floors @ 500,000 sq. ft.
• Integrated tourism development – theme park, mall, 3 hotels
• Immersive marine theme incorporated throughout all components of the development
• Perfectly poised to capitalise on Melaka’s booming tourism industry
• Trusted, multi-award winning developer
HARBOUR CITY AWARDS
Winner – Best Integrated Development
Iproperty.Com Malaysia People’s Choice Awards 2015
Winner – Best Retail Project
Malaysian Property Press Awards 2015
Outstanding Achievement – Catalyst Development Melaka
Malaysian Property Press Awards 2015
Commercial High-Rise Development Malaysia
Asia Pacific Property Awards 2015